Palace on Wheels
(Delhi - Jaipur - Sawai Madhopur - Chittorgarh - Udaipur - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Bharatpur - Agra - Delhi)
Day 1 (Wednesday) :
The guests are given a traditional Indian welcome at the Safdarjung Railway Station at 16:30 hrs which is followed by the check – in formalities. At 18:30 hrs the opulent journeys which will take you swiftly to the glorious time of royalty, the bygone era of India begins to make you experience the truest form of luxury and hospitality. A delicious dinner is served on board.
Day 2 (Thursday) : Jaipur
Approaching towards the pink city Jaipur, enjoy flavorous breakfast at 7:00 hrs as the grand welcome waits at the historic city at 8:00 hrs. Embark at 8:15 hrs for the sightseeing tour and witness the relics from Jaipur’s history at Albert Hall Museum followed by a visit to delicately honeycombed hive landmark – Hawa Mahal, observe the world’s largest stone sundial at Jantar Mantar and visit City Place to view symbol depicting the richness and royalty of the Indian history.
Around 13:30 hrs enjoy a scrumptious lunch at 1135 AD restaurant later visit the massive architectural delight, The Amer Fort at 15:00 hrs.
Go on a shopping spree at 17:00 hrs and explore the vibrant local markets which are a centre to shop the most fabulous collection of jewelry, handicrafts, textile goods and lot more.
Return to the train around 19:00 hrs and enjoy the dinner on board at 19:30 hrs. The Journey further continues to Sawai Madhopur from Durgapura Railway Station in Jaipur.
Day 3 (Friday) : Sawai
Madhopur – Chittorgarh
Morning is the best time to explore the nature which is at its glory. The guests disembark at 5:30 hrs for the safari in the Ranthambore National Park which is a former hunting ground of the Maharajas of Jaipur, and is now a famous National Park to spot the majestic Bengal tigers.
At 10:00 hrs the appetizing breakfast is served on board while the train heads towards Chittorgarh at 10:20 hrs. The guest can engage with fellow travellers and share a drink or two at the Bar followed by a healthy lunch.
Around 15:00 hrs you will arrive at Chittorgarh a land of bravery, royalty and romance. Explore the city and in the evening at 18:00 hrs return to the fort for tea amidst the landscaped vistas. Enjoy the light and sound show. Return to the train at 20:00 hrs. Dinner will be served on board.
Day 4 (Saturday) :
At 07:00 hrs arrive at Udaipur a city with rich culture and historical significance. Relish morning breakfast at 7:30 hrs.
At 9:00 Hrs takes a stroll around the famous historical garden – Saheliyon Ki Bari. Followed by the visit to the crystal gallery to see the exclusive collection of crystals and finally proceed towards one of the architectural marvels followed City Palace preserving the artefact of The Mewar kingdom.
Post a delectable lunch at the Fateh Prakash Hotel at 14:00 hrs, the guest will rejoice the boat ride while approaching toward the glorious Jagmandir Palace for a regal tea experience.
16:00 hrs the journey embarks for yet another sparkling destination in the evening leaving the guest awestruck by exotic landscapes throughout this journey. Dinner will be served on board.
Day 5 (Sunday) :
The Palace on Wheels reaches the golden city Jaisalmer around 8:45 hrs. The guests embark on a sightseeing tour at 9:30 hrs and visit Gadsisar Sagar Lake, intricately designed havelis – Patwon ki Haveli and the Nathmal ji ki Haveli and the massive Jaisalmer fort amidst the large sandy stretch in the Thar dessert. The lunch is served on board at 13:30 hrs and later at 16:00 hrs aphenomenal camel ride experience awaits at the Sam Sand Dunes followed by the evening tea is one of a kind experience.
At 19:45 hrs proceed towards Hotel Gorbandh Palace for a traditional folk dance with dinner.
At 23:45 hrs the Palace on Wheels heads towards Jodhpur.
Day 6 (Monday) : Jodhpur
Early morning at 7:00 hrs the guests are welcomed at the Blue City, Jodhpur. Post the delicious breakfast at 7:30 hrs, explore the Sun City. The guest start the sightseeing tour 9:00 hrs by visiting the cenotaph of Jaswanth Thada, marbel memorial often described as “Taj Mahal of Marwar” followed by the visit to Mehrangarh Fort, most magnificent forts in India and the visit is incomplete without visiting the Umaid Bhawan Museum, the residence of royal family with a panoramic view of the city. Explore the colourful markets. At Ajit Bhawan Palace enjoy a fancy lunch at 13:30 hrs. 16:00 hrs the journey proceeds to Bharatpur. oDinner will be served on board.
Day 7 (Tuesday) :
Bharatpur – Agra
The guest arrives at the Keoladeo National Park (Bharatpur) in the morning at 5:00 hrs which was once the hunting reserve of the Maharajas for bird-watching. At 5:00 Hrs experience the same, and post the nature walk return to the train as the breakfast is served on board at 9:00 hrs.
Proceed to the city of love Agra. Vist the mugal marvel Agra Fort followed by a grand lunch at luxurious hotel at 13:30 hrs. At 15:00 hrs, visit the epitome of love – The Taj Mahal. Spend some time in the busy markets of Agra before the train proceed at 19:30 hrs to the capital city of India. Dinner will be served on Palace on Wheels restaurant.
Day 8 (Wednesday) :
The incredible journey comes to an end. The train arrives at the Safdarjung Railway Station. The guests are served breakfast at 6:00 hrs. The tour services will end here but sweet memories of this luxurious journey will remain forever in the heart.
- Traditional Welcome Ceremony at Safdarjung Railway Station, Delhi
- Elephant ride at Amber Fort, Jaipur
- Exclusive Jeep safari at Ranthambore National Park
- Explore the magnificent Chittorgarh Fort
- Enjoy the Boat ride on Lake Pichola, Udaipur
- Enjoy Camel safari at Sam sand dunes, Jaisalmer
- Visit the Mehrangarh Fort, Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur
- Bird watching in the Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary
- Explore UNESCO World Heritage Site, Taj Mahal & Agra Fort
- Accommodation in double / twin bedded cabin with en suite bathrooms
- Soft Beverages during meals(Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Still Camera fees, Valet Service
- Guided off train excursions and game drives as illustrated in the itinerary – inclusive of entrance fees, park fees, transport and services of an English speaking local guide
Departure Dates for Season 2020-21 & 2021-22
- Embarkation : 4:00 PM at Safdarjung Railway Station, New Delhi
- Disembarkation : 07:30 AM at Safdarjung Railway Station, New Delhi
- Insurance, Gratuities, Taxes
- Laundry, Alcoholic Beverages, Soft beverages during non meal hours
- Video and professional Still Camera fees
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Pre and Post tour accommodation and any tour extensions unless specifically mentioned as a part of the journey
- The above costs are per cabin per Journey.
- GST of 5% is additional and will be charged extra on the published tariff.
- As the train runs on the tracks of the Indian Railways, the itineraries are subject to change incase of any changes in the routing etc.
- Prices are subject to change incase of any amendment in the routing or other hikes such as fuel,taxes etc.
- Children below 5 years of age shall be allowed free, subject to sharing of double bed with parents. This is subject to availability of double bed at the time of booking.
- Presidential Suite can accommodate upto 3 adults or 2 Adults and 2 children (One child upto 5 years of age and second child up to 12 years of age) CHILD